We're always working to improve the way we do business. So far, these are some of the things we currently do to help reduce our environmental impact.
- We use paper retail bags, plain in color with no branding, to allow you to reuse them easily as a gift bag over and over again. You can also return them to the shop for us to use again.
- We use fully recyclable crinkle paper & tissue paper.
- We use plastic bubble wrap only in instances where the extra protection is needed. Please reuse it before recycling.
- The products we carry are minimally packaged.
- Greeting cards are mostly packaged in plastic sleeves but many vendors are starting to use cornstarch, biodegradable plastics or are finding no sleeve methods of packaging. We will always take back any plastic sleeves to reuse.
- Art prints are packaged in plastic sleeves for their protection. We will always take back any plastic sleeves to reuse.
- Our receipts are BPA free.
- We use only LED or CFL light bulbs in our store.
- We use only all natural cleaning products in our store.
- We recycle and compost all of our waste.
- We plant beneficial flowers in front of our shop to help feed hungry pollinators.
- We donate to many environmental charity efforts in the course of our normal community giving.
- We offer water fill ups for you, so you don't need to purchase water in a bottle from elsewhere.
- We carry many products made of natural & sustainable materials.
- Some products we carry are handmade, which has less of an environmental impact in general than mass production.
- Some products we carry are vintage, which diverts materials from the waste stream and reuses them.
- Many products we carry originate in Canada, which reduce the environmental impact of shipping.
- We source products of a higher quality, to ensure that they survive the wear and tear of everyday longer than lower quality items.
- We try to carry items that are useful or bring joy, so that they don't spend their life in a drawer.- -